Man it feels good to open up a blank post and start typing. I’ve missed writing and blogging so much in the last few months, even though I’ve been thankful for the peace I’ve felt as I’ve realized the need to step back for the sake of balance. And sanity.
Also I had such a hard time thinking about posting much on the old site knowing that this one was coming! Then when I finally let it go live I was in the middle of a firestorm of prep work for a women’s retreat I lead this weekend.
All that’s to say, I’M BACK and I’m pumped.
That reminds me, when I was a middle school cheerleader we had this cheer where a girl would be up in an “elevator” (which is where she’s standing in the hands of two girls who would be facing each other). We had 2-3 girls standing behind her, and the “flyer” (the one in the air…in case…that wasn’t obvious…) would fall back and land in the arms of the girls behind her. Like a trust fall. Then we’d start the cheer, which went:
HEEEEEY WE’RE BACK!
And ready TO atTACK.
We’d fling the girl back up to standing position at the word “back.” It was, in a word, powerful. I was usually one of the spotters/invisible people in the back of this and most other stunts because I wasn’t small enough to fly or strong enough to “base,” but for today, will you all imagine I’m popping up from a middle school stunt? Cause I’m back.
(Yeah, I did that whole thing and I’m not taking it out.)
One thing I’m changing around here is the number of sponsored posts or affiliate options I share around here. Mostly because I already have a job and those things are a lot of work, and I’d rather just come tell you about my old cheerleading experiences. I’m kidding.
But I will continue to share things that I truly think you should try, and today that’s Grove Collaborative.
I’ve shared about Grove before, and honestly every time they open a campaign I apply to do it. Here’s why:
- I’ve had a flawless experience. I’ve never received something I didn’t want, or had an order go missing. It’s the only monthly service I subscribe to. I rely on their reminders before my order ships, and they’re well-timed.
- I appreciate their high standards. Everything they offer meets these guidelines:
- Uncompromisingly healthy.
- Beautifully effective.
- Sustainably minded.
- Amazingly affordable.
- They’re literally saving the rainforest. Remember when that was a thing? My sister wore a “save the rainforest” tshirt to school almost every day in like, 4th grade. Grove is still doing it; saving 25 square feet with every shipment. I’ve been using Grove for at least a year which means my account has impacted 312 square feet of rainforest. Random but true.
Like I said, I’m not going to use this space for as many affiliate products but I really love what Grove is doing and I’m thankful to partner with a company that makes my life easier AND shares my ideas about how we’re treating our planet.
Here’s what’s offered in this month’s deal. Any new customer who spends $20 using this link will get free shipping, a VIP trial, AND the following:
- Mrs. Meyer’s Hand Soap
- Mrs. Meyer’s Dish Soap
- Grove Collaborative Walnut Scrubber Sponges
- Grove Collaborative Kitchen Towel
We use each of these products and love them. The Rosemary hand soap is my favorite.
Existing customers can use this link to get a free hand soap (which is also awesome).
May your day be sunny, may your cheerleading memories continue to live in, let’s be honest, a bit of infamy, and may your hands smell like rosemary, reminding you of just how far you’ve come from those stunt-spotter days.
This offer ends Sunday, February 12th. If you sign up for the deal, but don’t want to continue to get monthly shipments, you can cancel anytime.